Article Review Procedure
Academic Areas and Subjects
Applied Aspects of Information Technology
Search by article
Vol. 2 № 1
Vol. 2 № 2
Vol. 2 № 3
Vol. 1 № 1
20 May 2019
Informatics, Culture and Technology
21 Mar 2019
“Modern Information Technology 2019”
9 Jan 2019
Our journal in Google Scholar
ANALYSIS AND SYNTHESIS OF THE RESULTS OF COMPLEX EXPERIMENTAL RESEARCH ON REENGINEERING OF OPEN CAD SYSTEMS
The article presents the final results of scientific research on the development of models and methods of reengineering, as well as technologies of multilingual recoding of open systems of automated design. The common feature of all software systems lies in the fact that there is an evolutionary aging of the types of support under the influence of time and other integral factors of information, namely, updating: operating systems, programming languages, principles of the operation of distributed data processing systems, etc. Such a tendency leads to deterioration of speed, information and communication, graphic, time and other characteristics, up to a complete system failure. Reengineering is a process that allows creating quickly and easily new, improved software systems, using the experience of previous software products. The purpose of the article is to systematize the results of the integration of reusable component, which have been accumulated by developers over a certain period of developmentof sectoral computer-aided design systems in updating the software structures of ready-made resources. Based on the obtained scientific and practical results, the analysis of the developed models and methods of reengineering of types of support for open computer-aided design systems is performed. In general, reengineering includes the processes of reorganization and restructuring of a software system, conversion of individual system components into another, more modern programming language, as well as the modification or modernization processes of the structure and data system. The study involved the following methods: assembly, specifying, synthesizing and compositional programming, methods of generative and recognizing grammars. At present time, the process of a new software products design is not very effective without the use of the UML methodology, but when it is applied, the speed of development increases by times. UML as a language for a graphical description for object modeling, in addition to simple design, supports also the function of generating and reengineering code based on model data, as discussed in the article. The distinctive feature of this research is the ability to support the work of more than ten most popular programming languages. In applying these technologies, it is possible to automate the process of software components recoding and, therefore, to free the working time of programmers from routine reprogramming and reduce the probability of occurrence of structural errors inherited from the previous system. The use of the obtained results will improve significantly the efficiency of the application of automated design systems in such fields of their use as: mechanic engineering, telecommunications, production and transport management, education, etc. The developed models and methods will be useful to system architects and program engineers involved in redesigning software already being in their multi-year operation.
, Candidate of Technical Science, Associate Professor
( firstname.lastname@example.org )
CAD systems reengineering; UML methodology; multilingual transcending; linguistic structures; generative grammar
1. Link, D., Behnam, P., Moazeni, R., & Boehm, B. (2019). “The Value of Software Architecture Recovery for Maintenance” (Submitted on 23 Jan 2019 in Cornell University). [Electronic Resource]. – Access mode: https://arxiv.org/abs/1901.07700. –Active link – 27.06.2019.
2. Lavrishcheva, E. M., & Grishchenko, V. N.(2009). “Sborochnoe programmirovanie. Osnovy industrii programmnyh produktov”. [Assembly programming. Fundamentals of the software industry], Kiev, Ukraine, Naukova dumka, 372 p. (in Russian).
3. Subriadi, A. P., Muqtadiroh, F. A., & Dewi, R. S. (2019). “A model of owner estimate cost for software development project in Indonesia”. [Electronic Resource]. – Access mode: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1002/smr.2175. – Active link – 27.06.2019.
4. Velykodniy, S., & Tymofieieva, O. (2017). “The paradigm of linguistic supply submission by generative grammar assistance”, American Scientific Journal, No. 17. pp. 4-7.
5. Velykodniy, S., & Tymofieieva, O. (2017). “Reengineering Models of Linguistic Providing Software Systems”. Advances in Quantum Systems
in Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics, Ser.: Progress in Applied Mathematics and Quantum Optics, Eds. A. Glushkov, O. Khetselius, V.Buyadzhi. Kharkiv, Ukraune, FOP Panov, pp. 385-388.
6. Velykodniy, S. S. (2014). “Problema reinzhiniringa vidov obespecheniya sistem avtomatizirovannogo proektirovaniya”. [The reengineering problem of ensures types CAD/CAM/CAE-systems], Control Systems and Computers, No. 1, pp. 57-61, 76 (in Russian).
7. Velykodniy, S. S. (2014). “Metodologicheskie osnovy reinzhiniringa sistem avtomatizirovannogo proektirovaniya. [The method-logical bases of reengineering CAD/CAM/CAE-systems], Control Systems and Computers, No. 2, pp. 39-43 (in Russian).
8. Velykodniy, S., & Tymofieieva, O. (2017). “Multilingual recording method designed for SCADA-system’s software upgrade”, Automation of technological and business-processes, Vol. 9, Iss. 1. pp. 17-22.
9. Velykodniy, S., & Tymofieieva, O. (2017). “Sposib multylinhvistychnoho perekoduvannia prohramnoho zabezpechennia skladnykh informatsiinykh system ta tekhnolohii”. [The way of multilingual software transcoding for complex information systems and technologies], O. S.Popov’s ONAT Scientific Works, No. 2. pp. 153-159 (in Ukrainian).
10. Velykodniy, S., Tymofieieva, O., & Zaitseva-Velykodna, S. (2018). “Metod rozrakhunku pokaznykiv otsinky proektu pry vykonanni reinzhynirynhu prohramnykh system”. [The calculation method for indicators project estimation in the implementation of software systems reengineering], Radio electronics, computer science, control, No. 4. pp. 135-142. (Web of Science). Doi:10.15588/1607-3274-2018-4-13 (in Ukrainian).
11. Velykodniy, S. (2019). “Idealizovani modeli reinzhynirynhu prohramnykh system”. [The idealized models of software systems reengineering], Radio electronics, computer science, control, No. 1. pp. 150-156. (Web of Science). Doi: 10.15588/1607-3274-2019-1-14 (in Ukrainian).
12. Velykodniy, S. (2019) “Method of presenting the assessment for reengineering of software systems with the project coefficients help”, Innovative technologies and scientific solutions for industries, No. 1 (7), pp. 34-42. Doi:10.30837/2522-9818.2019.7.034.
13. Afshari, A. R., Brtka, V., & Ćoćkalo-Hronjec, M. (2018). “Project risk management in Iranian software projects”, Journal of Engineering Management and Competitiveness (JEMC), Vol. 8., No. 2, pp. 81-88.
14. Blum, B. (2019). “Software engineering: aholistic view”. [Electronic resource]. – Access mode: https://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=SERIES9569.128915. – Active link – 24.06.2019.
15. Klein, M. (2019). “Reengineering methodologies and tools. A Prescription for Enhancing Success”. [Electronic resource]. – Access mode:https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/10580539408964633. – Active link – 23.06.2019, doi: 10.1080/10580539408964633.
16. Boehm, B. (2019). “Software Risk Management”. [Electronic resource]. – Access mode: https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007%2F3-540-51635-2_29. – Active link – 24.06.2019, doi:10.1007/3-540-51635-2_29.
17. Grover, V., & Malhotra, M. (2019).“Business process reengineering: A tutorial on the concept, evolution, method, technology and application”. [Electronic Resource]. – Access mode: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0272696396001040. – Active link – 23.06.2019,doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/S0272-6963(96)00104-0.
18. Manganelli, R., & Klein, M. (2019). “The Reengineering Handbook: A Step-by-Step Guide to Business Transformation”. [Electronic resource]. – Access mode: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S00https://journals.lww.com/jhqonline/Citation/1995/03000/The_Reengineering_Handbook__A_Step_by_Step_Guide.11.aspx. – Active link – 26.06.2019. Doi: 10.1097/01445442-199503000-00011.
19. Jacobson, I., Ericsson, M., & Jacobson, A.(2019). “The Object Advantage: Business Process Reengineering with Object Technology”. ACM Press. [Electronic resource]. – Access mode: http://eaststemcell.com/files/storage.cloud.php?id=MDIwMTQyMjg5MQ==. – Active link – 20.06.2019.
20. Boehm, B. (2000). “Spiral Development: Experience, Principles and Refinements”, Special Report: CMU / SEI-2000-SR-008, 37 p. 21. Hammer, M., & Champy, J. (2019). “Reengineering the corporation: A manifesto for business revolution”. [Electronic resource]. – Access mode: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0007681305800643?via%3Dihub. – Active link – 21.06.2019. Doi: 10.1016/S0007-6813(05)80064-3.
22. Selby, R. W. (2017). “Software Engineering: Barry W. Boehm's Lifetime Contributions to Software Development, Management and Research”, Publ. John Wiley & Sons, New Jersey, 818 p. 23. Boehm, B. (1986). “A Spiral Model of Software Development and Enhancement”, ACMSIGSOFT Software Engineering Notes, Vol. 11, Iss. 4. pp. 14-24. Doi: 10.1145/12944.12948.
24. Nevlyudov, I. Sh., Velykodniy, S. S., & Omarov, M. A. (2010). “Ispol'zovanie CAD/CAM/CAE/CAPP pri formirovanii upravlyayushchikh programm dlya stankov s ChPU”. [Using CAD / CAM / CAE / CAPP when forming control programs for CNC machines], Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, Vol. 2, Issue 2(44), pp. 37-44 (in Russian).
25. (2014). “Unigraphics Direct Interface:Reference Manual”, Southampton: ICEM Ltd., 392 р.
26. Werner, J. (2003). “The Case for Verifying and Optimizing Tool Paths”. Irvine: CGTech, 5 р.
27. Velykodniy, S. S., Tymofieieva, O. S., Zaitseva-Velykodna, S. S., & Niamtsu, K. Ie. (2018). Porivnyalniy analiz vlastivostey vidkritogo, vilnogo ta komertsiynogo programnogo zabezpechennya. [A comparative analysis of the properties of open, free and commercial software], Information Technology and Computer Engineering, No. 1(41), pp. 21-27 (in Ukrainian).
28. Velykodniy, S. S., Burlachenko, Zh. V., & Zaitseva-Velykodna, S. S. (2019). “Reinzhyniryng grafichnyh baz danyh u seredovyshhi vidkrytoi' systemy avtomatyzovanogo proektuvannja BRLCAD. Modeljuvannja povedinkovoi' chastyny”. [Graphic data-bases reengineering in BRL-CAD open source computer-aided design environment. Modeling of the behavior part], Transactions of Kremenchuk Mykhailo Ostrohradskyi National University, No. 2(115). pp 117-126. Doi:10.30929/1995-0519.2019.2.117-126 (in Ukrainian).
29. Miles, R., & Hamilton, K. (2006). “Learning UML 2.0”. O'Reilly Media, 2006. 288 p. 30. Hay, D. C. (2011). “UML and Data Modeling: A Reconciliation Technics Publications”, 242 p.
31. Haigh, T. (2010). “How Data Got its Base: Information Storage Software in the 1950s and 1960s”, IEEE Annals of the History of Computing, Vol. 31, Iss. 4, pp. 6-25. Doi:10.1109/MAHC.2009.123.
32. Date, C. J. (2006). “Date on Database:Writings 2000 – 2006”, New York City: Apress, 566 p.
33. Velykodniy, S. S., Burlachenko, Zh. V., & Zaitseva-Velykodna, S. S. (2019). “Reinzhyniryng grafichnyh baz danyh u seredovyshhi vidkrytoi' systemy avtomatyzovanogo proektuvannja BRLCAD. Modeljuvannja strukturnoi chastyny”. [Graphic data-bases reengineering in BRL-CAD open source computer-aided design environment. Modeling of the structural part], Transactions of Kremenchuk Mykhailo Ostrohradskyi National University, No. 3(116), pp. 130-139. Doi:10.30929/1995-0519.2019.3.130-139 (in Ukrainian).
34. Carroll, E. R. (2005). “Estimating Software Based on Use Case Point”. OOPSLA '05: Companion to the 20th annual ACM SIGPLAN conference on Object-oriented programming, systems, languages, and applications, San Diego, CA, pp. 257-265. Doi: 10.1145/1094855.1094960.
35. Cohn, M. (2005). “Agile Estimating and Planning”, Publ. Prentice Hall, NY, 368 p.
36. Clemmons, R. (2016). “Project Estimation with Use Case Points”. Cross Talk, Vol. 2, Iss. February, pp. 18-22.
37. Kalnauz, D., & Speranskiy, V. (2019). “Productivity estimation of serverless computing”, Applied Aspects of Information Technology, Vol. 2, No.1, pp. 20-28. Doi: 10.15276/aait.02.2019.2.
38. Velykodniy, S. S., Burlachenko, Zh. V., & Zaitseva-Velykodna, S. S. (2019). “Software for automated design of network graphics of software systems reengineering”. Herald of Advanced Information Technology. Vol. 2, No. 2. pp. 95-107. Doi: 10.15276/hait.02.2019.2.
39. Boggs, W., & Boggs, M. (2008). “UML & Rational Rose”. SPb., Lori,. 600 p.
40. Fauler, M. (2011). “UML. Osnovy. Kratkoe rukovodstvo po standartnomu yazyku ob’ektnogo modelirovaniya” [UML. Basics. A quick guide to the standard object modeling language], Moscow, Russian Federation, Simvol-Plyus, 192 p.
41. Robinson, S. Kornz, O., & Glinn, J. (2005). “C# dlya professionalov”. [C# for professionals], Moscow, Russian Federation, Lori, 1000 p.
42. (2013). “Object Management Group. OMG Unified Modeling Language (OMG UML). Version 2.5”. Object Management Group, 831 p.
Vol. 2 № 3, 2019
2 Dec 2019
Search by author
Information Technology and Systems
Computer Networks and Systems, Including Critical Applications
Designing Information Technologies and Systems
Gaming Technology, Augmented and Virtual Reality Systems
Innovative Technologies in Education, Culture and Art.
Models and Methods of Information Technology
Digital Management of Technical and Social Systems
Information, Measuring and Control Systems
Interconnected Systems and Systems with Distributed Parameters
Modeling of Physical Objects and Processes
Renewable Energy Systems
Methods and Means of Intellectual Information Processing
Information Security and Cyber Security
Recognition, Decision Making, Forecasting
KarelWintersky ] [
[ © Odessa National Polytechnic University, 2018.]