Article Review Procedure
Academic Areas and Subjects
Applied Aspects of Information Technology
Search by article
Vol. 3 № 1
Vol. 3 № 2
Vol. 2 № 1
Vol. 2 № 2
Vol. 2 № 3
Vol. 2 № 4
Vol. 1 № 1
26 Feb 2020
Informatics, Culture and Technology
20 May 2019
Informatics, Culture and Technology
21 Mar 2019
“Modern Information Technology 2019”
THE ROLE OF A HIGHER EDUCATION DIPLOMA IN THE PROFESSIONAL CAREER OF THE SPECIALIST IN THE FUTURE
The field of information technology is extremely attractive in terms of job search. What do you need to be a specialist in this field? The information technology industry was the first to accept the fact that the ability to confirm the possession of knowledge, skills, and abilities in practice by a particular employee is higher than the presence of such an employee with an education document. This path also proved to be the fastest path for acquiring qualified personnel at the stage of the rapid development of the industry. There are more and more positions where experience is required, and not a specialized diploma. How characteristic are these trends for other areas of life? What is this? Is this step into the future or a tribute to modern trends? New technologies, new conditions, new business opportunities give rise to new knowledge and even new professions. There are no specialists in them, they will be trained in practice and practice will be their specialized education. Over time, universities and graduates will appear. But as life shows, it is precisely those who started without a diploma who will create new requirements and standards of professional activity the proposed research examines the current state of affairs in the field of education. The authors propose to analyze current trends in the labor market, to study some tools and training models. The question of the possibility of making a career without profile education is being considered. Can the holders of degrees and titles in a classical university provide the level of knowledge that employers need today? How relevant is the creation of corporate universities for the training and professional development of employees? According to surveys, more than 54 % of employers are willing to employ an employee without a diploma. Why? The quality of knowledge obtained at a university does not always meet the modern requirements of not only the information technology market but also just the labor market. However, at different times, companies and candidates have put different meanings in the definition of “good”. The task of the university is to indicate the main reference points from which to build on, continuing to study independently throughout life. Therefore, obtaining a document on graduation is only the beginning of a career path. Having a diploma does not immediately allow you to get a well-paid job and implies further independent training and the acquisition of practical experience.
, Doctor of Technical Sciences, Professor
( email@example.com )
, Cand. of Tech. Sciences, Associate Professor
( firstname.lastname@example.org )
Tatyana M. Olekh
, Cand. of Tech. Sciences, Associate Professor
( email@example.com )
information technology; diploma; VUCA world; competence; skills; knowledges
1. (2018). “HR-atheism or why the time has come to burn diplomas and resumes”. – Available at: https://vc.ru/flood/36176-hr-ateizm-ili-pochemuprishlo-vremya-szhigat-diplomy-i-rezyume. – Access Date: 11.10.2019 (in Russian).
2. (2019). “Tim Cook: Half of Apple employees do not have a diploma. We are very proud of it”. – Available at: https://dev.by/news/tim-kuk-v-itvazhny-navyki-a-ne-diplom. – Access date: 11.10.2019 (in Russian).
3. Mark Matousek. (2020). “Elon Musk says you still don't need a college degree to work at Tesla”. – Available at: https://www.businessinsider.com/elon-musk-nocollege-degree-needed-to-work-at-tesla-2019-12. – Access date: 01.10.2020.
4. (2017). “Decision of the State Committee for Standardization of the Republic of Belarus”. On the Approval of the Rules for Confirming Conformity of the National System for Confirming Conformity of the Republic of Belarus. [Electronic resource]. – Available at: http://pravo.by/document/?guid= 3871 & p0 = W21732456. – Access Date: 1.10.2020 (in Russian).
5. (2015). “Zakon Ukrainyi O tehnicheskih reglamentah i otsenke sootvetstviya”. 124-VIII, 63. – Available at: https://kodeksy.com.ua/ka/o_tehnicheskih_reglamen tah_i_otsenku_sootvetstviya/download.htm. – Access Date: 21.01.2020 (in Russian). 6. (2020). “European qualification system”. – Available at: https://www.bsu.by/Cache/Page/172163.pdf. –Date of access: 10.01.2020 (in Russian).
7. Reese, H. W. (2011). “The learning by doing principle”. Behavioral development bulletin, 17(1), pp. 1-3
8. Hanushek, E. A. (2012). “Dual education: E r e’ secret recipe?” CESifo Forum. Leibniz In stitut für Wirtschaftsforschung an der Universität München, 3(3), pp. 29-34.
9. Alves, A. C., Flumerfelt, S. & Kahlen, F. J. (2016). “Lean education: An overview of current issues”. Springer
10. Wijnands, W. & Stolze, A. (2019). “Transforming Education with eduScrum”. Agile and Lean Concepts for Teaching and Learning, Springer, Singapore, pp. 95-114.
11. Bell, S. (2010). “Project-based learning for the 21st century: Skills for the future”. The clearing house, I 83, No.2, pp. 39-43.
12. (2017). Lukyanov, D. V. (at al.). “Gibkie metodologii upravleniya obrazovatelnyimi proektami”. [Flexible methodologies for managing educational projects]. Strategic management, portfolio management, programs and projects, KhPI, 3, pp. 3-9 (in Russian).
13. Savelieva, Yana. (2019). “VUCA: novaya sreda upravleniya talantami i planirovaniya personala”. [VUCA: a new environment for talent management and staff planning]. – Available at: http://hrm.ru/vuca-novaja-sreda-upravlenijatalantami-i-planirovanija-personala. – Date of access: 10.01.2020 (in Russian).
14. Peter, T. (1987). “Thriving on chaos: handbook for a management revolution”, New York: Borzoi.
15. Quentin Périnel. (2018). “Pri nayme na rabotu krupnyie mezhdunarodnyie kompanii otkazyivayutsya ot diplomov”. [When hiring large international companies refuse diplomas]. – Available at: https://habr.com/en/post/422219/ – Access date: 11.10.2019 (in Russian).
16. McCann, J. M. (1995). “Education on demand”. Fuqua School of Business. – Available at: http://people.duke.edu/~mccann/cybeduc/edondmd.htm – Access date: 11.10.2019.
17. Kirillova, K. (2018). ““Gibridnyie” professii vs. “chistyie”: pochemu professii buduschego ne budut imet nazvaniy”. [Hybrid professions vs. сlean: why professions of the future will not have names]. – Available at: https://theoryandpractice.ru/posts/17777-gibridnyeprofessii-vs-chistye-pochemu-professiibudushchego-ne-budut- imet-nazvaniy. – Access Date: 11.10.2019 (in Russian).
18. Kolesnіkova, K. V. & Lukianov, D. V. (2013). “Analiz strukturnoi modeli kompetentsii z upravlinnia proektamy natsionalnoho standartu Ukrainy”. [Analysis of structural model competencies for managing projects of the national standard of Ukraine]. Management of development of folding systems, 13, pp. 19-27 (in Ukrainian).
19. Lukianov, D., Bespanskaya-Paulenka, K., Gogunskii, V., Kolesnikov, O., Moskaliuk, A. & Dmitrenko, K. (2017). “Development of the markov model of a project as a system of role communications in a team”. Eastern-European Journal Of Enterprise Technologies, 3(3 (87)), pp. 21-28.
20. K le nіk v, O., Gogunskii, V., Kolesnikova, K., Lukianov, D. & Olekh, T. (2016). “Development of the model of interaction among the project, team of project and project environment in project system”. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 5(9 (83)), pp. 20-26.
21. Kolesnikov, A. E., Lukyanov D. V. & Olekh T. M. (2016). “Development of a model for the representation of competencies in training projects”. Electronic and Computer Systems, 23, pp. 201-209.
22. Paul Basken. (2019). “Will US universities be made redundant by the employability agenda?” – Available at: https://www.timeshighereducation.com/features/will -us-universities-be-made-redundant-employabilityagenda. – Access date: 11.10.2019.
23. “Fulfilling the American Dream: Liberal Education and the Future of Work”. (2018). Hart Research Associates, NW, DC 20009. – Available at: https://www.aacu.org/research/2018-future-of-work. – Access date: 11/10/2019.
24. Nathan Schultz. (2019). “Education should be like everything else. An on-demand service”. – Available at: https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2019/06/education -should-be-on-demand-service/ – Access date: 11.10.2019.
25. “10 mifov sovremennogo obrazovaniya”. [10 myths of modern education]. (2012). – Available at: https://habr.com/en/post/148356/. – Access date: 11/10/2019 (in Russian).
26. Stanislav Pogrebnyak. (2010). “Lean Training ili Berezhlivoe b henie”. [Lean + Training or Lean Learning]. – Available at: https://www.cfin.ru/management/people/dev_val/lea n_training.shtml. – Access date: 11.10.2019 (in Russian).
27. Morozov, V., Steshenko, G. & Kolomiiets, A. (2017). “Learning through practice in IT management projects master program implementation approach”. Proceedings of the 2017 IEEE 9th International Conference on Intelligent Data Acquisition and Advanced Computing Systems: Technology and Applications, IDAACS. – Available at: https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/8095223 – Access date: 10.01.2020.
28. (2020). “IT kursyi Syberry Academy”. [Syberry Academy]. – Available at: https://academy.syberry.by. – Access date: 01/10/2020 (in Russian).
29. (2020). “EPAM. Jumpstart & Develop Your Career with Us”. – Available at: https://www.training.epam.ua. – Access date: 10.01.2020.
30. (2020). “SoftServe University”. – Available at: https://www.softserveinc.com/en-us/softserveuniversity. – Access date: 01.10.2020.
31. (2020). “Wargaming Academy: bolshe chem obrazovatelnyiy proekt”. [Wargaming Academy: more than an educational project]. – Available at: https: //wargaming.com/ru/news/wargaming_academy_spb _interview. – Access date: 01.10.2020 (in Russian).
32. Kolesnikov, O., Lukianov, D., Sherstyuk, O. & Kolesnikova, K. (2019). “Project manager job description as one of project management key success factors”. Herald of Advanced Information Technology, Odesa, Ukraine, Vol. 2 No. 3, pp. 215- 228. DOI: 10.15276/hait.03.2019.5.
33. (2018). “HackerRank: bolee 65 protsentov molodyih razrabotchikov — samouchki”. [HackerRank: more than 65 percent of young developers are self-taught]. – Available at: https://dev.by/news/hackerrank-bolee-65-procentovmolodykh-razrabotchikov-samouchki – Access date: 11.10.2019 (in Russian).
34. (2020). “Korporativnaya obrazovatelnaya reda kak glavnyiy trend 2020 g da”. [Corporate educational environment as the main trend of 2020]. – Available at: https://theoryandpractice.ru/posts/17778- korporativnaya-obrazovatelnaya-sreda-kak-glavnyytrend-2020-goda. – Access date: 11.10.2019 (in Russian).
35. Gogunskii, V., Kolesnikov, O., Kolesnikova, K. & Lukianov, D. (2016). “Lifelong learning is a new paradigm of personnel training in enterprises”. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 4(2) (82)), pp. 4-10.
36. (2017). Lukianov, D. (et al.). “Voronka znan yak instrument realizatsii kontseptsii Lifelong Learning”. [Funnel of knowledge as a tool for implementing the Lifelong Learning concept]. Managing skills in teaching and learning: further learning, problems and perspectives, pp. 99-100 (in Ukranian).
37. (2019). “Leading the social enterprise: Reinvent with a human focus 2019 Deloitte Global Human Capital Trends”. – Available at: https://www2.deloitte.com/content/dam/insights/us/a rticles/5136_HC-Trends-2019/DI_HC-Trends2019.pdf – Access date: 12.12.2019.
38. Bass L., Weber I. & Zhu L. (2015). “DevOps: A software architect's perspective”. Addison-Wesley Professional.
39. (2020). “Cisco Networking Academy”. – Available at: https://www.cisco.com/c/ru_ru/about/netacademy.html – Access date: 12.12.2019.
40. (2020). “IBM Learning Center”. – Available at: https://www.ibm.com/en/trainingcenter/?lnk=hm. – Access date: 12.12.2019.
41. (2019). “V prepodavateli – bez uchenoy te eni?”. [To teachers without a degree?]. – Available at: https://www.rosbalt.ru/moscow/2019/12/23/1819946 .html. – Access date: 12.12.2019 (in Russian).
42. Lukianov, D. & Kolesnikov, A. (2018). “The concept of training at the enterprise level”. Materials of the VII International Scientific Conference “Information-Management Systems and Technologies”, 1(1), pp. 53-56
43. (2019). “Without DH and for money. What kind of IT University is it proposed to create IT specialists”. – Available at: https://news.tut.by/society/657338.html. – Access date: 12.12.2019 (in Russian).
44. (2019). “10 high-paying tech jobs you can get without a college degree”. – Available at: https://www.monster.com/career-advice/article/highpaying-tech-jobs-no-degree-0217. – Access date: 12.12.2019.
45. (2019). “20 of the most successful businessmen without degrees”. – Available at: https://www.thegentlemansjournal.com/20-of-themost-successful-businessmen-without-degrees – Access date: 12.12.2019.
Received after revision 16.02.2020
Vol. 3 № 1, 2020
13 Aug 2020
Search by author
Information Technology and Systems
Computer Networks and Systems, Including Critical Applications
Databases and Data Warehouses
Designing Information Technologies and Systems
Gaming Technology, Augmented and Virtual Reality Systems
Innovative Technologies in Education, Culture and Art.
Mathematical Issues of Information Technology
Models and Methods of Information Technology
Software of Applied Information Systems
Digital Management of Technical and Social Systems
Diagnosis and State Estimation of Complex Systems
Information, Measuring and Control Systems
Interconnected Systems and Systems with Distributed Parameters
Management of Production and Power Plants, Robots and Manipulators
Modeling of Physical Objects and Processes
Renewable Energy Systems
Systems of Adaptive and Optimal Control, Identification of Objects and Systems Parameters
Methods and Means of Intellectual Information Processing
Analytical Technologies and Methods of Machine Learning: Deep Learning, Big Data
Information Protection and Cyber Security
Natural Language Processing, Physics of Thinking
Parallel and Distributed Information Processing, Internet of Things
Recognition, Decision Making, Forecasting
Theory and Application of Neural Networks
Elements of Project and Program Management
Project-Oriented Organizations and Offices for Project and Program Management
Project, Program and Portfolio Management Methodology
Tools for the Design and Implementation of Management Information Systems
KarelWintersky ] [
[ © Odessa National Polytechnic University, 2018.]